HISHAM BIN JABAR
Brief Personal Details:
Date Of Birth : 8 Nov 1969
NRIC : 691108-01-5147
Marital Status : Married
Driving License : B,D,E
ADRESS AND CONTACT NUMBER:
A6964 Lorong Tok Sira 12,
Medan Tok Sira
25050 Kuantan Pahang
Tel : 09-5684923
Batu 39 ¾ Rambah,
Tel : 07-6876498
SEGI PERKASA SDN. BHD.
No 46-3, Jalan 13/34a
Kepong Entrepreneurs Park
52100 Kuala Lumpur
H/Phone : 019-3620586 Office: 03-6225797
Email : email@example.com or Hisham bin Jabar
CAREER OBJECTIVE :
- Preferably in Engineering or other related activities which encourage development for creative mind
- Bachelor of Engineering (Hon.), USM - majoring in Mineral Resources Engineering
- Master of Science (Material and Mineral Resources Engineering), USM, - majoring in Mineral Processing Technology
EMPHASIS OF STUDY
- Geology - including mineralogy, geo-economics, geostatistic, geochemistry and geophysic
- Mining - including mining law, mine ventilation engineering, material transport engineering and environmental engineering
- Mineral Processing - including hydrometallurgy, pyrometallurgy and JK Simmet
OTHER FIELD OF STUDY
- Engineering Mathematics, Electrical Technology, Material, Engineering Drawing, Engineering in Society, Marketing for Engineers, Public Health Engineering, Thermodynamic, computer programming
- Mechanics - including engineering mechanics, strength of materials and fluid mechanics
- Chemistry - Physical Chemistry, Analytical chemistry, Surface Chemistry
- Engineering Survey - including mine surveying
WORKING EXPERIENCE –
- Technical Manager – Segi Perkasa Sdn Bhd (1999-present)
- Involve in the overall operation of SPSB, ensuring the smooth running of the company and responsible for the company business expansion program by increasing the turnover and overall profitability of the company.
- Involve in the company’s Business Process Re-engineering to expand the company business and enhance competitiveness in the market.
- Instrumental in setting-up the Quality Assurance department, outlining the company’s quality policy and restructuring the quality assurance organization chart
- List of some major specialized chemical engineering projects
- Petronas GDC Putrajaya -Initial Treatment, Monitoring and testing of District Cooling Systems
- MTBE (M) Sdn. Bhd., Gebeng Kuantan – Specialized chemical engineering services for air finned cooler
- Malaysian Shipyard Engineering, Pasir Gudang, - Acid Cleaning work for project P5-F23KA-0200-3 project, off shore piping system
- KLIA-MAS Complex, Sepang – Chemical and high-pressure water flushing for chilled water piping system
- Metallurgist – Penjom Gold Mine (1998-1999)
- Increasing the productivity of the gold mine to 75% recovery,
- expanding the R&D department and
- responsible to ensuring the company’s target of 5000 ounce of gold per month
- List of some major R&D engineering projects
- Determination of potential reagent to increase the efficiency of the gold flotation process
- Overall plant assessment to determine the efficiency of each processing unit and the overall efficiency of the plant
- Study on effect of raw water and process water on flotation efficiency and its effect on the overall mineral processing circuit
- Comparison of resin for Resin-in-Pulp process, to determine the rate of adsorption of gold (gold-loading) into different type of resins
- Study on the factors affecting the leaching recovery of carbonaceous gold ore and ways to improve the leaching process
- Designing of alternative processes for processing gold using hydrometallurgy and pyrometallurgical methods
- Investigation and development of the overall occupational safety and health aspects on the gold processing plant
- Assistant Director - Malaysian Chamber of Mines (1996 - 1998)
- Involve in the publication work for the Chambers such as the Gold-Copper Buletin, Annual Report and other special publication projects.
- Specialized in Mineral Economic review, supply and demand trend in the mineral industry especially for tin, gold and copper.
- Increase the overall revenue of the Chamber through implementation of new projects and activities such as international seminars, conferences and exhibitions.
- List of some major seminars organizing projects
- Seminar on Occupational Safety and Health in the Mining and Quarrying Industry (April 1996)
- Seminar on Rehabilitation and Environmental Practices in the Mineral Industry in Malaysia (September 1996)
- Seminar on Handling and Disposal of Solder Dross (N202) –1 (January 1997)
- Recent Development on Mining Legislation in Asia – August 1997
- Seminar on Sustainable Development in the Malaysian Mineral Industry – (December 1997)
- Seminar on Towards a sustainable Development in the Tin Mining Industry – (April 1998)
- Seminar on Occupational Safety and Health in the Mineral Industry (July 1998)
- 2nd Seminar on Handling and Disposal of Solder Dross (N202) –1 (January 1998)
- Involve in management and administrative works, organizing seminars, participating in several government projects including policy makings, Investment Projects, Business Liaison Projects, POST- IMP Projects, Reinstatement of Mining's Electricity Rebates and etc. and also in running of
Also seconded to Malaysian Tin Product Manufacturer Association
involve in planning a market stabilization scheme, organizing seminars, planning business programs etc. and
Research Assistant - USM Perak's Branch (1994-1995)
- Seconded to Tin Research and Development Board as Economist -
- Involving in mineral market analysis, assessing the market status and the development of prices, technology and overall progress of the mineral industry.
- Being the Malaysian adviser at ATPC and other major business meeting.
- involve in research works on flotation, hydro and pyro metallurgy and environmental protection
- involve in supervising graduate projects and post-graduate projects
- Tutor- TriEducomp - Perak (1994-1995)
- lecturing in computer and software application
- Editor - TRAS PEMBANGUNAN -(1994-1995)
- involve in editing and publishing of magazines/newspaper
- Industrial Trainee - Rahman Hydraulic Tin Mining - Jan 1992 - April 1992
- involve in overall operation of an elluvial tin mining, which includes drilling, blasting, mining and mineral processing.
- Technical Consultant - Coolrich Engineering - (1996 - present)
- A company involve in manufacturing of chemicals for water and wastewater treatment and servicing the equipment such as cooling towers, boilers etc.
- Technical Consultant for the company involve in product development and planning marketing strategies
- Technical Consultant - Segi Perkasa - (1996 - present)
- A Company involves in of chemicals for water and wastewater treatment.
- Business Consultant - Edisiland - (1997)
- A Company involves in building and construction works.
- Consultation projects - Specific Resources Bhd., Penjom. - Sept. 1994
- involve in some AutoCAD project, modeling of ore body using the AutoCAD system.
- Consultation projects - Afdal Kuari - Bukit Mor (1994-1995)
- involve in some consultation works on ore benificiation project - crushing, grinding and separation of feldspar, silica and mica
- Consultation projects - Permint Mineral (1994-1995)
- involve in some consultation works on environment project - minimizing the environmental pollution as a result of cyanide leaching for gold processing
- Instructor - USM Perak's Branch (1995)I
- Instructor for students doing laboratory works and assistant supervisor for several final year project including the study of flotation, crushing and grinding, ore modeling etc.
- Board of Engineers Malaysia (Graduate Engineers)
Member of :-
- Institution of Engineers Malaysia (Graduate Member)
- Institute of Quarrying (M).
- Technology Association of Malaysia,
- Malaysian Technology Forum,
spoken, writing and reading
Bahasa Malaysia and English
DOS, MICROSOFT WINDOWS, LOTUS, MICROSOFT WORD, HG3, ACAD, JK Simmet, Web Authoring
- B. Eng. Thesis -"Mineral-Collector Adsorption Studies"- USM - 1993
- Msc. Thesis- "Mineral-Reagent Interaction in Flotation"- USM - 1995
PRESENTATION AND PUBLICATIONS
- Preliminary Studies on Struverite-Phosphonic Acid Flotation - June 1994, International Conference on RAMM 1994, USM, Park Royal, Penang.
- Kajian Penjerapan Pengumpul ke Atas Mineral Struverite (co-Kamarudin Hussin) - October 1994, SKAM 1994, UKM, Federal, Kuala Lumpur
- Interaksi Mineral-Reagent Dalam Sistem Pengapungan Struverite-Fosfonik (co-Kamarudin Hussin) - September 1994, Ming Court, Kuala Lumpur
- Some Safety Principles on Conveyor Belting Systems - August 1994, Tripartite Meeting and Convention on 'Safety and Quality of Engineering Work"', IEM, IES, PII, Pan Pacific, Johor Bharu
- The Importance of Conveyor Belt Safety - June 1994, International Journal of Bulk Solids Handling, Trans. Tech Publications, Germany.
- The Importance of Noise Pollution Control - November 1994, Envirotech 1994, USM, Komtar, Penang
- Studies of Struverite Minerals Using SEM - November 1994, SEM Conference, UKM, Bangi
- Penghasilan Rutil Sintetik dari bijih Ilmenit (co-Hashim Hussin) - April 1994, Buletin KCP, USM, Perak
- Penggunaan Matematik Dalam Bidang Perlombongan dan Pemprosesan Mineral - December 1994, MDI '94, UTM, Johor Bharu.
- R&D on Chemistry in Mineral Resources Engineering (co Kamarudin Hussin & Khairun Azizi Azizli) - Jun 1995 - Symposium on Chemical and technological Development of Mineral and Material Resources and Their Environmental Impacts - IKM - Ipoh.
- Kajian pemisahan mineral melalui kaedah pengapungan pada suhu yang berbeza (co Kamarudin Hussin) -Julai 1995 -SKAM 1995,UPM, Kuala Lumpur
- Analisis Keupayaan Zeta Batu Kapur Dengan Kaedah Elektroforosis Mikro (mikroelektrophoresis) Julai 1995 (co Kamarudin Hussin) - SKAM 1995, UPM, Kuala Lumpur.
- Space Technology Opportunities That Can Accelerate The Overall Growth Of The Nation - January 1995 The Malaysian Technologist, TAM, Kuala Lumpur.
- Kajian penjerapan Pengumpul ke atas Mineral (co Kamarudin Husin) Struverite 1995 - Malaysian Journal of Analytical Science, Malaysian Association of Analytical Science, Kuala Lumpur.
- Development of Stainless Steel Technology -June 1996- Stainless Steel 1996 - International Congress, Vevein Deutscher Eisentiuttenleate, Dusseldof
- Effect of Temperature on Collector Adsorption and Flotation. (co Kamarudin Hussin, P.R. Khangoankar) - September 1996. Proceedings of the Sixth International Mineral Processing Symposium,, Turkey.
- The Role of Engineers in Promoting an Environmental-Friendly Culture - August 1996, IEM-Tripartite Convention IMT-GT, Sandy Beach Hotel, Penang
- Using Latest Development in Inhibitor and Antifouling Technology to Maintain The Efficiency of Cooling Towers Without Causing Pollution to the Environment (co Dickson Wong) - October 1996, Conference on Materials Corrosion Engineering, PJ Hilton Hotel, Malaysia
- Improving the energy system for the future - July 1995 The Malaysian Technologist, TAM, Kuala Lumpur.
- Current Status of the Malaysian Mineral Industry - October 1996, Proceeding of Asia Pacific Mining Conference, AFMA, Jakarta
- Malaysia's Mineral Investments in the Next Millennium - (co Ab. Sukor Shahar, Mohd. Nor Mohd), April 1997, Bali
- An Environmental-Friendly Approach in Cleaning and Servicing of Cooling Tower System - (co. Dickson Wong ) - Asia Pacific Conference on the Built Environment - Integrating Technology with the Environment, November 1997, Kuala Lumpur
- 14 issues of Malaysian Tin Bulletin (under The Tin Industry (Research and Development) Board, MPI)
Monthly economic review of the tin market around the world which features the Kuala Lumpur Tin Market review, London Metal Exchange review and the New York Market review along with other news on tin industries, supply, demand and statistics around the globe.
- 9 issues of Gold-Copper Bulletin ( under The Malaysian Chamber of Mines)
BI-monthly economic review of the gold and copper market around the world which features the London Metal Exchange review and the New York Market review along with other news on gold and copper industries, supply, demand and statistics around the globe.
- 4 issues Tin Product Newsletter ( under The Malaysian Tin Product Manufacturer Associations)
BI-yearly publications by MTPMA on the news update regarding the overall development of tin industries around the world, especially in the manufacturing sector.
Dato’ Abdul Ghani Sulaiman
Prof Madya Dr. Kamarudin Hussin
School of Material and Mineral Resources Engineering
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
Perak’s Branch Campus
Prof Madya Dr. Khairun Azizi Azizli
School of Material and Mineral Resources Engineering
Universiti Sains Malaysia,
Perak’s Branch Campus